Starting My Own Legal Practice
I spent the first 25 years as a partner in the Law Firm of Killian, Nicholas and Fischer helping to grow this firm into the most highly regarded law firm in the East Valley. I learned a lot about myself as an attorney and how to best serve my clients. Despite some of the advantages of working in a larger firm, I came to realize that running my own legal practice would allow me to provide the type of personalized legal services that I felt my clients deserved. In 1997, I decided to open the doors to my own firm — The Law Firm of M. Paul Fischer, P.C.
The Law Firm of M. Paul Fischer, P.C. established a legal practice that individuals and families could trust and provide a higher quality of legal service. With principles like hard work, determination, honesty, and accountability, our goal was to create a law firm that truly worked for its clients. One that would get to know their clients on a personal level, understand their unique situation and do everything that can be done to protect their rights and represent their interests inside and outside of the courtroom. Above all else, I wanted The Law Firm of M. Paul Fischer to stand on its own as a resource for anyone in need of affordable, high-quality legal counsel and representation.
Decades of Experience
Now, after over 20 years of running my own firm, and over 40 years of practicing law in Arizona, We are proud to offer that same level of reliable, experienced legal counsel to individuals and families throughout the Mesa area and throughout the state of Arizona. The Firm’s motto is to work hard, do your job correctly, give 110 percent, treat all persons with respect— and at the end of the day, your clients will be well served. I like to think that is how we attempt to represent our clients at The Law Firm of M. Paul Fischer, P.C. If you or someone you know needs trusted legal support, reach out to our office today. We'll do whatever we can to help you move forward.
Paul Fischer has extensive experience navigating complex legal matters involving you, your family and your business interests. His litigation experience allows him to find creative solutions to your problems while providing cost-effective representation to protect your best interests.
Paul Fischer is passionate in his representation of his clients and helping them resolve the life-changing issues that confront them. He is also passionate about the ethical and professional representation of his clients. He is recognized in the legal community and the community at large as one of the best lawyers in Arizona.
Paul Fischer is active in the legal community by serving as a Judge Pro Tempore for over 10 years, presenting in various continuing legal education seminars for the Arizona State Bar Association, active in speaking engagements for high school students on various legal topics to raise the level of interest in future law students and has participated in Law days to provide free legal service to the indigent public.
Paul Fischer has given his time to the improvement of the local community and the State of Arizona in a variety of ways. His involvement in the community includes, in part, being on the board of directors for the Mesa United Way, past president of the Mesa Chamber of Commerce, past president of the Mesa West Rotary Club, past president of the Mesa Country Club, past president of the Mesa Sirrine Center, served a governor's appointment to the Federal title 9 funding committee for small businesses in Maricopa county, president of the Mountain Bridge HomeOwners Assoc., Site Location Committee for the Diamondbacks baseball’s new stadium, Site Location Committee for the Arizona Cardinals new stadium, Board of directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Mesa, Mayor’s appointment to the committee to deal with the Air Force on the decommissioning of Williams Field Air Force Base.
Served on the committee to convert Williams Field into a commercial regional airport, he is a life member of the HoHoKam’s organization which sponsors the Chicago Cubs Spring Training at Sloan Park annually and sponsors the Oakland A’s spring training at HoHoKam Park annually. M. Paul Fischer has served on the boards of directors of many other local and state charities.
- Juris Doctor - The University of San Diego School of Law, 1970
- B.S. - Arizona State University in Tempe, 1965
Professional Associations & Memberships
- East Valley Bar Association - Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Foundation - Member
- Superior Court of Arizona, Arizona Court of Appeals, Arizona Supreme Court - Special Court Commissioner, 1977
- Federal District Court.
- Attorney representing Arizona State University for 6 years
- Rio Salado Development Committee - Arizona Governor's Appointee, 1980-1986
- Rio Salado Advisory Board - Mesa Mayor's Appointee, 1984-1989
- Mesa West Rotary Club Board of Directors - President, 1981-1982
- Mesa Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors - President, 1990-1991
- Mesa Country Club Board of Directors - President, 1994-1995
- Tri-City Catholic Social Service Board of Directors - President, 1996-1997
- Mesa Children's Crisis Center East Valley, Inc. - Board Member, 1983-1989
- Mesa Town Center Corporation - Board Member, 1998-2003
- Mesa Community Counsel Board of Directors - Board Member, 1986-1989
- Mesa United Way Board of Directors - Board Member
- Citi Bank Community Board of Directors - Board Member
- National Republican Small Business - Committee Leader for the State of Arizona, 2002 - Present
- "Eddie Basha for Governor" Republican Committee Member
- ADOT Alignment Committee for the Red Mountain Freeway - Arizona Governor's appointee